He Cares About Your Anxiety
"...casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7
God cares for us. He cares about all of our anxiety. Think back to the believers of Peter’s day—they were suffering terrible persecution. They had been forced to flee for their lives, leaving everything behind: homes, jobs, and possessions. They had only what they could carry by hand, and they fled to whatever places they felt were safe. They were, so to speak, an underground people, having to live, wherever they could. They never knew when they would be discovered and forced to flee again.
The point is this: imagine the anxiety, the pressure, tension, and stress being experienced by the believers. Yet there was great help: God was available to help them. Note that the exhortation is not only clearly stated; it is a command: “cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.” God’s mighty hand will…
- Save and deliver you
- Look after and care for you
- Strengthen and secure you
- Provide and protect you
- Give you assurance and confidence
- What anxiety are you feeling that you need to cast towards God?
- What does it look like for you to cast your anxiety on God?
- Do you believe God cares for you?
- Do you believe that God’s mighty hand will do all of those things for you?